Game Audio Contest Hamburg
News from our Facebook Feed
Contest # 2
DEADLINE: January 31st, 2018....SUBMISSONS CLOSED!
This time the video material for the contest is taken from the game "Dead Cells" by MOTION TWIN from Bordeaux, France.
What is Dead Cells?
Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, Castlevania-inspired action-platformer, allowing you to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.
To beat the game, you’ll have to master 2D "souls-lite combat" with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.
- RogueVania: Intense 2D action with the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath in a castle full of cuddly creatures.
- Souls-lite combat: Pattern-based bosses and minions, weapons and spells with unique gameplay. Roll roll roll your boat gently down the stream...
- Nonlinear progression: Unlock new levels with every death, take a new path. Tired of the stinking sewers? Why not take the ramparts?
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. A fine place for a holiday.
How it works
Okay, so you want to participate, Awesome! Here is How it works:
- You download the video snippet from the link above.
- Now the fun part begins. The video has sound effects, but no music. That's your job. Score this small piece of video in the best possible way you can think of, as long as it does make sense contextually. Everything is allowed...well, as long as you follow the contest rules.
- Replace the audio in the downloaded videofile and send your finished piece back to us via email at email@example.com, before the deadline (January 31st, 2018) has elapsed.
- We, the jury, will pick 3 finalists from all the pieces we recieve, and inform them via email.
- The 3 finalists will be invited to Hamburg, to present themselfs and their piece at the next gamecity:Hamburg Treff in front of the audience.
- The jury, the developers and the audience will together determin the winner, which will recieve his price.
- The footage for the next contest will be revealed, we will all enjoy a cold drink together and introduce the finalists to the sponsoring game developer team.
- The winners will be posted to our gallery
We will have different prices every contest, for the first, second, and thrid place. These will be either sponsored by our Supporters, or selected by the jury. We wont annouce the prices upfront but you can see what the previous winner took home.
All prices will be in the form of music gear, music software, libraries, cupons, scholarships etc. Prices can't be returned or exchanged for money, but don't wory, we'll make sure the loot pile will always be filled with the stuff you dream of.
- You will be replacing the audio track of the video file that was previously downloaded via the link on this page, and send it to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline (will be announced shortly) has elapsed.
- The lenght of the originally provided file is not to be altered
- Every participant is allowed a maximum of 2 entries.
- You will not upload or share the piece you send in, anywhere online until the contest is over.
- You will not distribute the content we provide.
- You wont use the provided material for anything else but this contest.
- You will only send in music that is yours, that you have writen and have all rights to.